From: Bob on
Has anyone seen this error message?

Autogrow of file 'tempdev' in database 'tempdb' cancelled or timed out after
2140 ms. Use ALTER DATABASE to set a smaller FILEGROWTH or to set a new size.

I am getting these in my error log. It's a clustered environment with AWE
enabled in it. SQL Server version is:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2040 running on Windows Server 2003 Ent.
Edition

Any help will be greatly appreciated..
From: Hari Prasad on
Hi,

Take a look into this article.

http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=305635

Thanks
hari
SQL Server MVP

From: Bob on
Even though this article only applies to SQL Server Standard Edition and I am
seeing this on Enterprise but it still makes sense for it. Thanks for your
help

From: fundba on
Bob,

autogrowth in tempdb is ugly enough right off the bat. Take a look at this
link as well as all those it references:

http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/kimberly/PermaLink.aspx?guid=8be9d388-b354-429f-8c98-e45989a4bebe

From: Bob on
Thanks fundba, this article has loads of information about tempdb in it ...