From: Stefan Palme on
Hi,

I have a postfix configuration with virtual aliases like this:

user(a)example.com user(a)imap.server, user(a)relay.other.server

There are transport maps like this:

imap.server lmtp:unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp
relay.other.server smtp:[ip.address.of.other.server]

With this I store incoming mails in the local IMAP server
and additionally send them to another SMTP server (which is
an obsolete domino server, mails have to be stored there for
internal reasons there).

Currently the "other server" will be down (for a long time - at
least more than the default "maximal_queue_lifetime"). Because
of this, I want all mails that would normally go to relay.other.server
to be put ON HOLD.

But I have no idea how to do this. AFAIK there is no way to define
a transport rule for this, like

relay.other.server HOLD relay down

Adding a check_recipient_access to smtpd_recipient_restrictions also
does not work (because the original recipient's address is
@example.com).

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards!
-stefan-

From: DG on
probably u may configure another instance of postfix with long
maximal_queue_lifetime and route messages for relay.other.server
here
From: Victor Duchovni on
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 09:44:53AM +0200, Stefan Palme wrote:

> Currently the "other server" will be down (for a long time - at
> least more than the default "maximal_queue_lifetime"). Because
> of this, I want all mails that would normally go to relay.other.server
> to be put ON HOLD.

You need to create a Postfix instance that holds all mail, and route
(transport table entry) mail for this domain to the SMTP port (loopback
port) of this new instance. Install the real transport entry in that
instance, but HOLD all mail.

http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html
http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

--