From: Lynn on
I have data (firstnamelastname) from a database in one column and wish to
separate them to produce first name in one column and second name in the next
column. Unfortunately there is no delimiter, the first and last name just
run together. I thus cannot use Data, Text to column as there is neither a
fixed delimiter nor or specific break for a fixed width. there is around 500
names so I could retype them, but colleagues around the world in my country
all have the same problem so would like to be able to provide a workaround.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks!
From: Harald Staff on
This is absolutely not easy. My idea; provide a list of first names used in
your country and program a loop to recognize parts of each cell content to
the list.
Easier but boring; instead of retyping, insert some symbol between names and
then use text to columns.

HTH. Best wishes Harald