From: Filips Benoit on
Dear All,

I copyed 3 access2003 databases to my laptop, all 3 having 1 form that's
exactly the same.
In that form 1 combobox ( the same in all 3 databases) doesn't show the
values. Nothing just a blank list !
It only occures on my laptop, never seen it on another computer !

Combo's Name = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
Combo's ControlSource = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
Combo's RowSource = a select sql-statement 5 fields ( 0cm;5cm;0cm;0cm;0cm)
from 1 table

I saved the select sql-statement as a query and then used the query but had
the same problem a blank list.
Opening the query shows 452 records !

If I make a new combo based on that query I have the same problem !

Strage but true I can pick 1 row in that blank list and the after
update-code runs normaly !!

What could be wrong here ???

Filip

From: paii, Ron on

"Filips Benoit" <benoit.filips(a)telenet.be> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I copyed 3 access2003 databases to my laptop, all 3 having 1 form that's
> exactly the same.
> In that form 1 combobox ( the same in all 3 databases) doesn't show the
> values. Nothing just a blank list !
> It only occures on my laptop, never seen it on another computer !
>
> Combo's Name = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
> Combo's ControlSource = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
> Combo's RowSource = a select sql-statement 5 fields ( 0cm;5cm;0cm;0cm;0cm)
> from 1 table
>
> I saved the select sql-statement as a query and then used the query but
had
> the same problem a blank list.
> Opening the query shows 452 records !
>
> If I make a new combo based on that query I have the same problem !
>
> Strage but true I can pick 1 row in that blank list and the after
> update-code runs normaly !!
>
> What could be wrong here ???
>
> Filip

Do you have something in ControlSource and RowSource? Because I don't
believe you can have both.

From: fredg on
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:09:01 +0100, Filips Benoit wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I copyed 3 access2003 databases to my laptop, all 3 having 1 form that's
> exactly the same.
> In that form 1 combobox ( the same in all 3 databases) doesn't show the
> values. Nothing just a blank list !
> It only occures on my laptop, never seen it on another computer !
>
> Combo's Name = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
> Combo's ControlSource = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
> Combo's RowSource = a select sql-statement 5 fields ( 0cm;5cm;0cm;0cm;0cm)
> from 1 table
>
> I saved the select sql-statement as a query and then used the query but had
> the same problem a blank list.
> Opening the query shows 452 records !
>
> If I make a new combo based on that query I have the same problem !
>
> Strage but true I can pick 1 row in that blank list and the after
> update-code runs normaly !!
>
> What could be wrong here ???
>
> Filip

Have you recently installed Access 2003 Service Pack 3 on the laptop?
Could be the Service Pack 3 bug.
See this link for details on the hotfix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Phil on
On 22/12/2009 19:00:46, fredg wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:09:01 +0100, Filips Benoit wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I copyed 3 access2003 databases to my laptop, all 3 having 1 form that's
>> exactly the same.
>> In that form 1 combobox ( the same in all 3 databases) doesn't show the
>> values. Nothing just a blank list !
>> It only occures on my laptop, never seen it on another computer !
>>
>> Combo's Name = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
>> Combo's ControlSource = AnalyseMonsterLocatieID
>> Combo's RowSource = a select sql-statement 5 fields ( 0cm;5cm;0cm;0cm;0cm)
>> from 1 table
>>
>> I saved the select sql-statement as a query and then used the query but had
>> the same problem a blank list.
>> Opening the query shows 452 records !
>>
>> If I make a new combo based on that query I have the same problem !
>>
>> Strage but true I can pick 1 row in that blank list and the after
>> update-code runs normaly !!
>>
>> What could be wrong here ???
>>
>> Filip
>
> Have you recently installed Access 2003 Service Pack 3 on the laptop?
> Could be the Service Pack 3 bug.
> See this link for details on the hotfix.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674

Its a daft thought, I have done it once myself.
You havn't set a white font on a white background or something similar?

Phil
From: Filips Benoit on
Why not, but still when i make a new UNBOUND combo having the same RowSourse
and showing alle columns ( 5cm;5cm;5cm;5cm;5cm)
I can see the values in columns (0,2,3,4) not in column 1 the only one that
was visible in the original combo !!!