From: someone on
Hi,

I noticed when deleting files in OS level(not related to database) caused
application level data connection "time out". Is it related or I have IO
problem? Please advice.

Thanks.

From: Erland Sommarskog on
(someone(a)js.com) writes:
> I noticed when deleting files in OS level(not related to database) caused
> application level data connection "time out". Is it related or I have IO
> problem? Please advice.

No the slightest idea. There is just too little information. On
which machine are you deleting files? What kind of files? Many files?
Big files? What times out? Queries? Connection attempts?

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: someone on
Thanks Erland,

is it a way to track client time out(connection timeout or operation time
out, update, delete) events in sql log or DMV?

From: Erland Sommarskog on
(someone(a)js.com) writes:
> is it a way to track client time out(connection timeout or operation time
> out, update, delete) events in sql log or DMV?

You cannot track connection timeouts within SQL Server - since the
client never logs in.

Client timeouts on the other hand can be tracked by tracing for the
event Error:Attention.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: