From: Round Robinjp on
Hi

I am trying to understand how timer/hrtimer work.
I am not yet clear about the following points. Please help.

I understand that there are two types of timer queues:
- timer wheel
- hrtimer

I also understand that there are separate sets of APIs
for adding and removing timers into those queues.

Now I want to understand:
- when and how the timers are armed
- how are they processed when fired

When and how the timers are armed:

For hrtimers, it seems that they are armed in hrtimer_interrupt.
Where are the timer wheel timers armed?

How are they processed when fired:

For hrtimers, it seems that they are processed in hrtimer_run_queues.
Where are the timer wheel timers processed?

Is there any doc or something which may help me understand
the call sequence of the related source code?

Thanks
RR