From: budden on
Hi!
Asdf is so nasty and weird. It does not even show a pathname of a
file where the error occurred.
I have fixed this simply with:

http://paste.lisp.org/display/95807

Now cl-source file prints as

#<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE (ripol dict-ripol) #P"L:/sw/fb2/dict-ripol.lisp"
23AD6474>

Now we can use commands like find-file-at-point to visit it.
From: Tamas K Papp on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 02:42:32 -0800, budden wrote:

> Hi!
> Asdf is so nasty and weird. It does not even show a pathname of a
> file where the error occurred.

This might be a minor annoyance in some situations, but this doesn't make
ASDF nasty or weird to me. ASDF is work in progress: calling it names
doesn't help, contributing to it might.

> I have fixed this simply with:
>
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/95807
>
> Now cl-source file prints as
>
> #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE (ripol dict-ripol) #P"L:/sw/fb2/dict-ripol.lisp"
> 23AD6474>
>
> Now we can use commands like find-file-at-point to visit it.

ASDF has a mailing list, you might want to submit this there. Generally,
it is best to submit patches to the appropriate project directly.

Tamas