From: Michiel Rapati-Kekkonen on
Hi

I have a Text Box of which the Text Format is set to Rich Text.
The box is filled with texts containig certain elements that are surrounded
by brackets.
Those elements I would like to appear in a different color.

I have no experience (apart from some experimenting) with Rich Text, so I
don't even know if it is possible to colour several, different parts.
And then of course: How?

Any help appreciated!

Michiel

From: Allen Browne on
Presumably this is Access 2007.

You can select the text, and then use the ribbon to set the text color.

From: Michiel Rapati-Kekkonen on
Thanks for your response, Allen,
at least now I see Something happen,
but
I would like to do it programmatically.
So far I can select, by code, the parts I want, but when I then apply '
..SelColor = vbRed '
the error message is 438: Object doesn't support this property or method.
It is an unbound texbox, Enabled, Unlocked, with Text format set to Rich.

I'm using 2007 indeed.

The question remains: is it possible?

Michiel

From: Allen Browne on
Insert the HTML word around the desired text, e.g.:

Me.MyRichTextField = "This has a <font color=""#FF0000"">red</font> word."

You may need to use SelStart, Len(), Mid() etc to code this.

From: Michiel Rapati-Kekkonen on
Thanks, Allen, that's great.

This way it looks, unexpectedly, like a piece of cake.
And now it certainly looks better in my Rich Fields!