From: jojik on
JANUARY -44
JUNE - 20
FEBRUARY - 37
DECEMBER - 56
JUNE - 96
JUNE - 56
SEPTEMBER - 46
OCTOBER - 15
NOVEMBER - 87
DECEMBER - 66
DECEMBER - 12

dear All, i have this data in 2 columns and I want to show automatically in
one cell as 'december' and in the next cell the total of december (134).
please help me to sort out this. thanks in advance.

From: Daniel.C on
Use the SUMIF function.
Regards.
Daniel

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try
=SUMIF(A:A,"December",B:B)

--
Jacob

From: Eduardo on
Hi,
I assume you have the month in column A and the figures in column B from row
1 to 1000 , then in C1 you enter i.e. December and in D1 you want the result
(134), in D1 enter

=sumproduct(--(C1=$A$1:$A$1000),$B$1:$B$1000)

change ranges to fit your needs

From: James on
Presuming that this information starts in cell A1 try entering this formula:
=SUMIF(A1:B11,"December",B1:B11)

hope this helps

James