From: Jock on
I posted a q yesterday about this but was unclear in what I was after.
What I would like is for the cells from A7 down to turn grey when the user
toggles to 'read only' using the "Toggle read only" button on a tool bar.
When the user toggles back to read/write, those same cells go back to
unformatted.
The first part can be done using Workbook_open but I need something to work
when the file status changes when the workbook is already opened.

Thanks,
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock
From: Paul on
If you have your toggle status recorded as a cell - call it Status_Cell, then
you can use a conditional format to produce the same effect

If you set the status to TRUE when the file is read only then use
=Status_Cell = TRUE
as a formula condition in the conditional format to apply grey (or anything
else you want)

--
If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to an animal
charity on my behalf .......... and click Yes

"Jock" wrote:

> I posted a q yesterday about this but was unclear in what I was after.
> What I would like is for the cells from A7 down to turn grey when the user
> toggles to 'read only' using the "Toggle read only" button on a tool bar.
> When the user toggles back to read/write, those same cells go back to
> unformatted.
> The first part can be done using Workbook_open but I need something to work
> when the file status changes when the workbook is already opened.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Traa Dy Liooar
>
> Jock