From: STEPHEN MENDES on
I have several of the "Pocket Professional" cards for HP48.... from da
Vinci Technologies Group Inc. & Sparcom Corp.

Spice 48
Math Pro
EE Pro

How can I get these programs on HP50G..... is it possible ?

I would particularly like to use the Spice 48.....
or perhaps there is an even better version of Spice for
HP50G ?????????

Anybody know ?
From: PremiumBlend on

http://fixunix.com/hewlett-packard/105538-sparcom-hp48gx-card-ports.html

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/archv018.cgi?read=132481
From: PremiumBlend on
On Sep 16, 7:35 pm, STEPHEN MENDES <smen...(a)smendes.com> wrote:
> I have several of the "Pocket Professional" cards for HP48.... from da
> Vinci Technologies Group Inc. & Sparcom Corp.
>
> Spice 48
> Math Pro
> EE Pro
>
> How can I get these programs on HP50G..... is it possible ?
>
> I would particularly like to use the Spice 48.....
> or perhaps there is an even better version of Spice for
> HP50G ?????????
>
> Anybody know ?

Hello Stephen,

You can begin your search for answers at

http://fixunix.com/hewlett-packard/390387-sparcom-cards.html.

Regards,

Mark
From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:35:50 -0500, Stephen Mendes wrote:

> I have several of the "Pocket Professional" cards for HP48....
> from da Vinci Technologies Group Inc. & Sparcom Corp.
>
> Spice 48
> Math Pro
> EE Pro
>
> How can I get these programs on HP50G..... is it possible ?

Binary program files for HP48 series do not run on HP49/50 series.

Generally, a recompilation from "source" is necessary,
plus possibly needing repackaging into library form.

One such "converted" Sparcom pack (not on your list) is shown here:
http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=sparcom

A short while ago, someone posted a link to a large zip file,
supposedly containing all the manuals for the Sparcom packs.

The zip file also contained dumps of all the libraries,
but they are in HP48 series binary format,
as would have been found in the original cards
(a simple "hack library" command is able to recall
libraries from read-only ROM cards).

If the family of the late author permitted one pack
to be converted and offered on www.hpcalc.org,
they might give permission for others,
but I don't recall reading whether that had been determined.

> perhaps there is an even better version of Spice for HP50G

http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=spice
It's curious that all of those are for HP48 series.

Better luck here?
http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=circuit+simulator&hp49=1

I am meanwhile off to look for a "dinner simulator,"
as all the genuine original sources
seem to have closed up for the evening.

[r->] [OFF]
From: STEPHEN MENDES on
Thanks for your detailed reply..... and I hope you found dinner
somewhere last night

Here are 3 related questions:

1. Is it true that ALL the plug-in cards for HP48 used binary code not
compatible with HP49/50 ?

2. Are there any sources still selling new HP48GX ?

3. Are repairs (screen change) available on HP48GX ?

Somebody just gave me one more card NAVCOM 48 which is
HP-48 Marine Navigation Library written by Applied Programing Systems

This person has an HP-48GX with an LCD that has gone black (I
understand it is a fairly common problem with older LCD's)

They wanted to buy my last working HP-48GX but I refused to sell it
for any amount of money..... however, I would still like to advise
them of their options.