From: krish on
hi,
Does any one have information on recent trends in front end boost
power factor correction converters? if anyone has this information, i
would appreciate if you can kindly share with me.
hope to hear from you soon.
regards,
krish
From: John Larkin on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:10:19 -0700 (PDT), krish
<krishna.mainali(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>hi,
>Does any one have information on recent trends in front end boost
>power factor correction converters? if anyone has this information, i
>would appreciate if you can kindly share with me.
>hope to hear from you soon.
>regards,
>krish

Recently noticed this:

http://www.eetimes.com/design/smart-energy-design/4206048/Why-we-may-not-need-silicon-carbide-diodes-for-PFC

John

From: ian field on

"krish" <krishna.mainali(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Does any one have information on recent trends in front end boost
> power factor correction converters? if anyone has this information, i
> would appreciate if you can kindly share with me.
> hope to hear from you soon.
> regards,
> krish

Not sure if they're up to date but ISTR NS & Fairchild publishing appnotes
on PFC. There may also be something on the Supertex AN page.