From: Hugo Nic on
I installed ruby on rails on windows xp and created and project (rails
my_project). I started the server(ruby script\server). I openned the
browser and launch the page (http://localhost:3000/). When I selected a
link on the page, a message pop-up on my screen: "This application has
failed to start because sqlite3.dll was not found. Re-installing the
application may fix this problem".

I did install sqlite3.

What a I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

From: Gordon Thiesfeld on
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Hugo Nic <jrnicl3(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed ruby on rails on windows xp and created and project (rails
> my_project). I started the server(ruby script\server). I openned the
> browser and launch the page (http://localhost:3000/). When I selected a
> link on the page, a message pop-up on my screen: "This application has
> failed to start because sqlite3.dll was not found. Re-installing the
> application may fix this problem".
>
> I did install sqlite3.
>

> What a I doing wrong?

Is sqlite3.dll in you path? The recommended[1] way to do it is to
copy that file to C:\ruby\bin.

Hope that helps.

Gordon

[1] http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/07/06/getting-started-with-rails-and-sqlite3/

From: Hugo Nic on
Hugo Nic wrote:
> I installed ruby on rails on windows xp and created and project (rails
> my_project). I started the server(ruby script\server). I openned the
> browser and launch the page (http://localhost:3000/). When I selected a
> link on the page, a message pop-up on my screen: "This application has
> failed to start because sqlite3.dll was not found. Re-installing the
> application may fix this problem".
>
> I did install sqlite3.
>

> What a I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help!!! I fix the issue. I had to extract the files in
the c:\ruby\bin folder as you mentionned.