From: Hemant Bhargava on
Hi All,

I am running a script from console line with command as ruby
script/abc.rb. But i am getting error "uninitialized constant
ActiveRecord (NameError)". Why so .. ?
My first line of the script is class-

CronJobs < ActiveRecord::Base
end

From: Xavier Noria on
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Hemant Bhargava
<hemant.bhargava7(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running a script from console line with command as ruby
> script/abc.rb. But i am getting error "uninitialized constant
> ActiveRecord (NameError)". Why so .. ?
> My first line of the script is class-
>
> CronJobs < ActiveRecord::Base
> end

If that script belongs to a Rails application run it with script/runner instead:

script/runner script/abc.rb

On the other hand, if you are using Active Record stand-alone then you
need to load it as any other library.

From: Hemant Bhargava on
Xavier Noria wrote:
> If that script belongs to a Rails application run it with script/runner
> instead:
>
> script/runner script/abc.rb
>
> On the other hand, if you are using Active Record stand-alone then you
> need to load it as any other library.

O O.. yeah yeah. This is the correct way. Thanks for your time.. :)