From: Dennis Nedry on 30 May 2010 17:31
Okay, forget about the editor thing.. (;
Trying to convert the BBS to 1.9. I've run into a weird problem with
some code I didn't write...
basically, I'm getting an error trying to create a TCPsocket..
/home/mark/qbbs2/chat/common.rb:40:in `initialize': uninitialized
constant Chat::Client::TCPsocket (NameError)
I've been looking on the web, and it looks like there have been
scoping changes, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Excerpts
except from irc.rb
# IRC client data
class Client < Chat::Client
def initialize(host="localhost", port=6667)
@irccmd = IRC::Command.new
exerpt from common.rb
# Basic client components
# Include changed/notify_observers methods.
def initialize(host, port)
@sock = TCPsocket.new(host, port)
"I've got ham but I'm not a hamster."