From: dnmtmn on
update no.kb969679 and kb969613 both fail error code ox80070663
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969679 and/or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969613

Tip: Insert your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive bay before
attempting to install these updates again.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: TaurArian on
dnmtmn wrote:
:: update no.kb969679 and kb969613 both fail error code ox80070663

Error message when you try to install some of the Office 2003 or Office XP
updates: "No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913754
0x80070670 or error 0x80070663
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: Chrome32 on
I am having the same problem. I tried the registry edit solution at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913754 and it didn't help. I don't know if it
makes a difference, but my Office 2007 suite was installed without a CD/DVD.
I bought it through the Home Users Program (www.microsoftHUP.com) and
downloaded a .exe file that installed it. I bring this up because I've seen
the solution of inserting your install CD during the update and I don't have
that option.

Thanks

From: ChrisN on

dnmtmn;1575785 Wrote:
> update no.kb969679 and kb969613 both fail error code ox80070663

Ditto. Though I got Error Code: 0x8007006E
Did you perhaps have Office 2003 with Compatibility Pack for Office
2007 installed before updating to Office 2007? I did.

Updates KB969679 and KB969613, both security patches for Office 2007
*and the compatibility pack* from what I can tell, will not install.
While I am running XP, not Vista, I don't think this relates to the
problem.

Problem seems related to the Office upgrade. The Office 2007 install
process seems to leave things untidy (Add/Remove Programs still shows
the now unnecessary Compatibility Pack installed but it can't remove
it). Guessing this affects Windows Updates preventing security patches
for Office 2007, I downloaded/ran *Windows Install Clean Up* per
'Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) to remove install information
for Compatibility Pack for Office 2007. Both patches installed just fine
afterward.

Cheers,
ChrisN

--