From: Paul Halliday on
I have some code that is currently static. It runs via Cron,
generating images which can then be viewed via some other PHP.

What I want to do is allow a user to upload data which I can then pipe
directly into the existing program to produce on the fly images. I am
looking at this:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.post-method.php

My existing code looks like this:

$theData = aQuery($gType, $gSdate, $gStime, $gEdate, $gEtime, $gFilter, $base);

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($theData[0])) {

$hit = "yes";

$src_ip[] = $row[0];
$dst_ip[] = $row[1];
$sig_desc[] = wordwrap($row[2],20,"\\n");

if ($gType == 02) {
$hit_count[] = $row[3];
}

$rec ++;
if ( $rec == $recCount ) {
break;
}

}

// Open Afterglow and feed it our results

$glowCmd = "$glowPath -c $glowProps $glowArgs | $dotPath $dotArgs $dotOut";

$dspec = array(
0 => array("pipe", "r"),
1 => array("pipe", "w"),
2 => array("file", "$glowErr", "a")
);

$process = proc_open($glowCmd, $dspec, $pipes, $baseDir);

If you are following the gist, what is the easiest way to put the
uploaded file into "$theData"?

aQuery just returns the result of a mysql select; so is it just a
matter of using fgetcsv as the action in the stub taken from the file
upload link?

Thanks.