From: PJ6 on
I'm looking at a web project that uses url rewrites configured in
System.WebServer. When deployed on the production box, it 'just works', but
running on localhost the configuration seems to be ignored. I have found
documentation for this feature, but there is no mention of its functional
requirements. Does anyone know what I need to do to get url rewrites working
locally on a developer's machine?

Paul

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Apr 18, 7:46 pm, "PJ6" <no...(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
> I'm looking at a web project that uses url rewrites configured in
> System.WebServer. When deployed on the production box, it 'just works', but
> running on localhost the configuration seems to be ignored. I have found
> documentation for this feature, but there is no mention of its functional
> requirements. Does anyone know what I need to do to get url rewrites working
> locally on a developer's machine?
>
> Paul

You're probably about URL Rewrite Module for IIS7
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/734/url-rewrite-module/

In this case you would need IIS7 and that module installed.
From: PJ6 on
Yeah I saw something about that, but neither the production box nor my
machine has IIS7 installed - they're both IIS6.

Paul

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Apr 19, 12:29 am, "PJ6" <no...(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
> Yeah I saw something about that, but neither the production box nor my
> machine has IIS7 installed - they're both IIS6.
>
> Paul
>
> "Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smir...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 18, 7:46 pm, "PJ6" <no...(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at a web project that uses url rewrites configured in
> > System.WebServer. When deployed on the production box, it 'just works',
> > but
> > running on localhost the configuration seems to be ignored. I have found
> > documentation for this feature, but there is no mention of its functional
> > requirements. Does anyone know what I need to do to get url rewrites
> > working
> > locally on a developer's machine?
>
> > Paul
>
> You're probably about URL Rewrite Module for IIS7http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/734/url-rewrite-module/
>
> In this case you would need IIS7 and that module installed.

Well, then it seems that it used an additional configuration on the
server like the wildcard mapping
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/IIS/5c5ae5e0-f4f9-44b0-a743-f4c3a5ff68ec.mspx

Can you please tell us what do you have in System.WebServer?