From: Johannes Berg on
Hi,

I've been looking at
http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/x86/earlyprintk.txt and spent a
while finding everything correctly in place. One of the big unknowns is
what way debug ports are enumerated, so if you have a few USB ports you
end up trying a lot. At the same time, I at least wasn't sure I was
doing everything correctly to start with. It does seem, for example,
that I needed the serial driver built in the kernel too?

In any case, to help others I was wondering if we should start a wiki
page somewhere or so that just lists what port on various machines
people have gotten it to work on? I have a Toshiba Satellite U505 and
earlyprintk=dbgp,keep uses the port on the right-hand side of the
machine... That information could possibly help somebody who is setting
it up for the first time, since it reduces the search space? :)

If there's an appropriate wiki, I'd like to be pointed to it so I can
start a page and submit a kernel patch pointing to it. Otherwise I'll
just create it internally since we all typically use just a handful of
machine types, but it seems like public could help more people.

johannes

From: matthieu castet on
Hi,

you can find some info and a script that can help finding the debug port on
http://www.coreboot.org/EHCI_Debug_Port