From: Cyril Hrubis on
Hi!
After some testing I found out that no usb gadget (g_ether, g_mass_storage, ...)
is working after zaurus boots with kexec. So it seems like some missing
initalization (it's working after doing reboot again) anybody has any clue,
patch or ideas how to debug this?

--
Cyril Hrubis

From: Eric Miao on
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Cyril Hrubis <metan(a)ucw.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
> After some testing I found out that no usb gadget (g_ether, g_mass_storage, ...)
> is working after zaurus boots with kexec. So it seems like some missing
> initalization (it's working after doing reboot again) anybody has any clue,
> patch or ideas how to debug this?

Dumping out the registers of the two situations and doing a comparison then
might be a quick way.
From: Eric Miao on
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Eric Miao <eric.y.miao(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Cyril Hrubis <metan(a)ucw.cz> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> After some testing I found out that no usb gadget (g_ether, g_mass_storage, ...)
>> is working after zaurus boots with kexec. So it seems like some missing
>> initalization (it's working after doing reboot again) anybody has any clue,
>> patch or ideas how to debug this?
>>

> Dumping out the registers of the two situations and doing a comparison then
> might be a quick way.

Any debugging update on this?
From: Marek Vasut on
Dne Čt 10. června 2010 08:10:22 Eric Miao napsal(a):
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Eric Miao <eric.y.miao(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Cyril Hrubis <metan(a)ucw.cz> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >> After some testing I found out that no usb gadget (g_ether,
> >> g_mass_storage, ...) is working after zaurus boots with kexec. So it
> >> seems like some missing initalization (it's working after doing reboot
> >> again) anybody has any clue, patch or ideas how to debug this?
> >
> > Dumping out the registers of the two situations and doing a comparison
> > then might be a quick way.
>
> Any debugging update on this?

Yeah, there's a workaround. Cyril's working on a proper fix, but that might take
some time. Simply -- UP2OCR is misconfigured.

From: Robert Jarzmik on
Marek Vasut <marek.vasut(a)gmail.com> writes:

>> > Dumping out the registers of the two situations and doing a comparison
>> > then might be a quick way.
>>
>> Any debugging update on this?
>
> Yeah, there's a workaround. Cyril's working on a proper fix, but that might take
> some time. Simply -- UP2OCR is misconfigured.

That's quite interesting. In the pxa27x_udc gadget driver, I seem to have a
regression on the resume from suspend to RAM path. My USB UDC is not enumerated
anymore.

The might be a correlation, as UP2OCR is lost in the suspend process. I'm very
interested by your analysis of the issue you have on kexec, as that might ease
my work :)

Besides, it's been some time I've been thinking that the pxa deserves a proper
encapsulation of the USB internal routing paths (ie. a proper way to switch from
usb host handled by ohci-pxa27x to an usb client handled by pxa2x_udc), to
reflect the setup of the Pad Unit (see TRM chapter 12.4 : tables 12.2, 12.15,
12.17, 12.18 and 12.19).

Whatever you find on the USB Port2 configuration register would help me design
the Pad block.

Cheers.

--
Robert