From: pirovano on
Hello,

in order for @domain.com beeing passed through virtusertable, it must
be added to local-host-names.

another option may be putting the domain into relay-domains, and make
use of mailertable and access.

but i believe in your case local-host-names and virtusertable is the
easyer way.

Regards,

lorenzo
From: Frank Luo on
the domain name is already in local-host-names

BTW, the sendmail version is 8.14.3.

ANy idea it does not work?

Thanks

From: pirovano on
On 12 Jul., 18:18, pirovano <pirov...(a)pirovano.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in order for @domain.com beeing passed through virtusertable, it must
> be added to local-host-names.
>
> another option may be putting the domain into relay-domains, and make
> use of mailertable and access.
>
> but i believe in your case local-host-names and virtusertable is the
> easyer way.
>
> Regards,
>
> lorenzo

if user1(a)domain.com must not be changed, then put

domain.com smtp:[server1.domain.com]

into mailertable, and

domain.com

into relay-domains.

like this, anything(a)domain.com will be passed unchanged to
server1.domain.com.

to allow certain e-mail aliases only, put

To:user1(a)domain.com RELAY
To:user2(a)domain.com RELAY
To:domain.com REJECT

into access.
From: Frank Luo on
On Jul 12, 12:31 pm, pirovano <pirov...(a)pirovano.ch> wrote:
> On 12 Jul., 18:18, pirovano <pirov...(a)pirovano.ch> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > in order for @domain.com beeing passed through virtusertable, it must
> > be added to local-host-names.
>
> > another option may be putting the domain into relay-domains, and make
> > use of mailertable and access.
>
> > but i believe in your case local-host-names and virtusertable is the
> > easyer way.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > lorenzo
>
> if us...(a)domain.com must not be changed, then put
>
> domain.com        smtp:[server1.domain.com]
>
> into mailertable, and
>
> domain.com
>
> into relay-domains.
>
> like this, anyth...(a)domain.com will be passed unchanged to
> server1.domain.com.
>
> to allow certain e-mail aliases only, put
>
> To:us...(a)domain.com   RELAY
> To:us...(a)domain.com   RELAY
> To:domain.com              REJECT
>
> into access.

that worked before we have to have to server2 to take care portion of
users. So some users go to server1 and some go to server2. Also both
the mailertable and relay are set up like what you said here already.
It seems that virtuserable overrules them.

From: pirovano on
ah, i see!

how to do it with sendmail, i don't know.
after all, splitting a @domain.com into 2 servers is a bad idea in my
opinion.

but, to make this work, the administrators must accept
user1(a)server1.domain.com and user2(a)server2.domain.com,
then you can work with local-host-names and virtusertable as you
described before.

Regards,

lorenzo