From: Abdul on
Hello,

I'm trying to create a macro that would use data from an excel sheet and
insert it into microsoft word document that has specific "fill-in Fields"
that are scattered through out the document.

I tried using record macro while filling in a "fill-in field" however the
macro didn't record what I have typed in the prompt window.

any help is appreciated
From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Abdul

Identify the word table index and the row/column (x,y mentioned in the
code) of the cell within the table which is the fill-in field. I am assuming
it is the first table so the index is given as 1 in the below code.

Dim wrdApp As object,wrdDoc As Object

Set wrdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set wrdDoc = wrdApp.Documents.Open("c:\filename.doc)

wrdApp.Visible = False

wrdDoc.Tables(1).Cell(x,y).Range.Text = ActiveSheet.Range("A1")

wrdDoc.Close True
Set wrdDoc = Nothing
Set wrdApp = Nothing

--