From: Alexander Schunk on
Hello,

i want to use the php APC Functions.

I am using xampp server and latest php.

The Windows dll for APC is in the extensions directory and the
extension is configured in the php.ini.

However, i still get an error that php does not find the fuction apc_add:

$myvar = 'hell world';
$stored = apc_add('myvar',$myvar);

if($stored){
echo 'Variable wurde gecached';

}
else{
echo 'Variable wurde nicht gecached';
}

Thank you
Alexander
From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

Did you restart apache? Are you sure you edited the correct php.ini?
You can verify it using a simple phpinfo(); page.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Alexander Schunk <aschunk(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to use the php APC Functions.
>
> I am using xampp server and latest php.
>
> The Windows dll for APC is in the extensions directory and the
> extension is configured in the php.ini.
>
> However, i still get an error that php does not find the fuction apc_add:
>
> $myvar =  'hell world';
>     $stored = apc_add('myvar',$myvar);
>
>     if($stored){
>       echo 'Variable wurde gecached';
>
>     }
>     else{
>       echo 'Variable wurde nicht gecached';
>     }
>
> Thank you
> Alexander

Pierre

From: Venkat Raman Don on
Hi Alexander,

Apart from what Pierre mentioned, I also doubt if APC works smoothly on Windows. The major problem is difference between shared memory implementation on windows and unix. I would suggest use Windows Cache Extension for PHP a.k.a. WINCACHE. It has got all the functionality that APC has and more too like file cache, file change notification etc and is meant to work on Windows and is well tested on Windows. And if you are using FastCGI to host PHP, it should work on Apache too.

Details at http://pecl.php.net/package/WinCache and http://www.iis.net/download/WinCacheForPhp.

Thanks,
Don.

Did you restart apache? Are you sure you edited the correct php.ini?
You can verify it using a simple phpinfo(); page.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Alexander Schunk <aschunk(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to use the php APC Functions.
>
> I am using xampp server and latest php.
>
> The Windows dll for APC is in the extensions directory and the
> extension is configured in the php.ini.
>
> However, i still get an error that php does not find the fuction apc_add:
>
> $myvar =  'hell world';
>     $stored = apc_add('myvar',$myvar);
>
>     if($stored){
>       echo 'Variable wurde gecached';
>
>     }
>     else{
>       echo 'Variable wurde nicht gecached';
>     }
>
> Thank you
> Alexander

Pierre

From: Richard Quadling on
On 5 May 2010 14:42, Venkat Raman Don <Don.Raman(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Apart from what Pierre mentioned, I also doubt if APC works smoothly on Windows. The major problem is difference between shared memory implementation on windows and unix. I would suggest use Windows Cache Extension for PHP a.k.a. WINCACHE. It has got all the functionality that APC has and more too like file cache, file change notification etc and is meant to work on Windows and is well tested on Windows. And if you are using FastCGI to host PHP, it should work on Apache too.
>
> Details at http://pecl.php.net/package/WinCache and http://www.iis.net/download/WinCacheForPhp.
>
> Thanks,
> Don.

I'd like to give a big endorsement to WinCache. I'm using it for IPC
to communicate between a controller, its pools and its threads for a
windows service (using a slightly modified PHP's Win32Service
extension).

Works incredibly well for me.

--
-----