From: Captain Paralytic on
On Jul 29, 2:23 pm, SAM <stephanemoriaux.NoAd...(a)wanadoo.fr.invalid>
wrote:
> Le 7/29/10 6:50 AM, jr a écrit :
>
> > Something is not working on the  validation script.  The bu is
> > required in a search form.  Zonenm and zoneid are required together.
>
> aren't you too tired to always ask the same thing ?
>
> can't you think by yourself ?
Of course not, this is JRough!
From: Captain Paralytic on
On Jul 29, 6:00 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 12:50 am, jr <jlro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Something is not working on the  validation script.  The bu is
> > required in a search form.  Zonenm and zoneid are required together.
> > If someone searches on a bu and also a zoneid, then they must also
> > search on the zonenm and vice versa.So it is either all 3 or just the
> > bu.  The bu validation always works.  HOwever if I search on bu and
> > zoneid for example, I get a message asking for zonenm, but
> > alternatively, if I ask for the zoneid and bu, it should ask for the
> > zonenm.  I tried it with the 3rd else if as an else instead of else if
> > but then I got a syntax error.  thanks,
> > <script type="text/javascript">
> >  function checkscript() {
> >     var ele = document.forms[0].elements;
> >     if (!ele.search_bu.value) {
> >         alert('The Business Unit is a required field!');
> >         return false;
> >     } else if (ele.search_zoneid.value && !ele.search_zonenm.value) {
> >         alert('Zone ID but no zone number');
> >         return false;
>
> >     } else if(ele.search_zonenm.value && !ele.search_zoneid.value) {
> >         alert('Zone Number but no zone id');
> >         return false;
> >     }
> >     return true;
> >  }
> >  </script>
>
> Why use else's at all?  Each conditional branch returns after all.  ;)

You are assuming that the poster is an intelligent being. It is
however JRough, to whom intelligence is a foreign land.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 30, 3:04 pm, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 6:00 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 29, 12:50 am, jr <jlro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Something is not working on the  validation script.  The bu is
> > > required in a search form.  Zonenm and zoneid are required together..
> > > If someone searches on a bu and also a zoneid, then they must also
> > > search on the zonenm and vice versa.So it is either all 3 or just the
> > > bu.  The bu validation always works.  HOwever if I search on bu and
> > > zoneid for example, I get a message asking for zonenm, but
> > > alternatively, if I ask for the zoneid and bu, it should ask for the
> > > zonenm.  I tried it with the 3rd else if as an else instead of else if
> > > but then I got a syntax error.  thanks,
> > > <script type="text/javascript">
> > >  function checkscript() {
> > >     var ele = document.forms[0].elements;
> > >     if (!ele.search_bu.value) {
> > >         alert('The Business Unit is a required field!');
> > >         return false;
> > >     } else if (ele.search_zoneid.value && !ele.search_zonenm.value) {
> > >         alert('Zone ID but no zone number');
> > >         return false;
>
> > >     } else if(ele.search_zonenm.value && !ele.search_zoneid.value) {
> > >         alert('Zone Number but no zone id');
> > >         return false;
> > >     }
> > >     return true;
> > >  }
> > >  </script>
>
> > Why use else's at all?  Each conditional branch returns after all.  ;)
>
> You are assuming that the poster is an intelligent being. It is
> however JRough, to whom intelligence is a foreign land.

You are assuming I know one "JR" (or "jr") from the next. That's why
people should use unique "handles" on Usenet, preferably their real
name.