From: Jukka K. Korpela on
jr wrote:

> On Jun 28, 10:29 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
> wrote:

Please just ignore the troll, unless you want to look like one.

>> There is no point in posting the URL if the real code is posted.

The troll pretends he does not understand the difference between a web page
and some code used to generate it.

> I checked and the the onsubmit line is correct.

If you think you know that, why did you post a wrong code snippet and did
not post the URL?

> I just added the thisform in the javascript and the this in the form
> and now it works in I.E. I don't know if it worked before that or not
> because I didn't try it in I.E.
> It works in I.E. but not Chrome? I was testing in Chrome.

Who cares? We don't know what you are actually doing or how you think you
tested it.

> Thanks to both of you.

There's at most one poster that gave you any help.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> jr wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 10:29 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
>> wrote:
>
> Please just ignore the troll, unless you want to look like one.

I have merely been referring to the recommendations in this newsgroup's FAQ.
Since you are rather new here, it would probably be a good idea to read it
first. In particular, I did _not_ recommend to post all code, of course.

>>> There is no point in posting the URL if the real code is posted.
>
> The troll pretends he does not understand the difference between a web
> page and some code used to generate it.

Idiot. "Real code" means the client-side, generated, one, of course, if the
problem is client-side, as here.

>> Thanks to both of you.
>
> There's at most one poster that gave you any help.

Overconfidence comes in small packages. I would probably be best if you
sticked to giving advice in areas where you are supposedly good at, like
HTML and CSS.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)
From: jr on
On Jun 28, 11:38 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...(a)cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> jr wrote:
> > On Jun 28, 10:29 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
> > wrote:
>
> Please just ignore the troll, unless you want to look like one.
>
> >> There is no point in posting the URL if the real code is posted.
>
> The troll pretends he does not understand the difference between a web page
> and some code used to generate it.
>
> >  I checked and the  the onsubmit line is correct.
>
> If you think you know that, why did you post a wrong code snippet and did
> not post the URL?
>
> > I just added the thisform in the javascript and the this in the form
> > and now it works in I.E.  I don't know if it worked before that or not
> > because I didn't try it in I.E.
> > It works in I.E. but not Chrome? I was testing in Chrome.
>
> Who cares? We don't know what you are actually doing or how you think you
> tested it.
>
> > Thanks to both of you.
>
> There's at most one poster that gave you any help.
>
> --
> Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

thanks for your help. It got me going. I have only done 2 or 3
javascripts. I don't really need it to work in chrome for now.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
jr wrote:

> [Full quote]

Trim your quotes to the relevant parts (as you see here and have seen
before), especially don't quote signatures.

> I checked and the the onsubmit line is correct.

OK.

> I just added the thisform in the javascript and the this in the form
> and now it works in I.E.

You are not making any sense and I am not willing to dig through hundreds
of lines of unformatted code for you to see what you might mean.

> I don't know if it worked before that or not
> because I didn't try it in I.E.

See the problem?

> It works in I.E. but not Chrome? I was testing in Chrome.

"Doesn't work" is a useless error description.

> [ca. 100+ LOCs dump]

You want to *finally*(!) read the FAQ and don't ever do that again. Even a
document where you have no URL for does not need to be posted verbatim in
order to demonstrate the problem. In fact, creating a reduced test case is
very likely to show the problem to you without posting it. And get a real
name.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: jr on
On Jun 28, 12:22 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
wrote:
> jr wrote:
> > [Full quote]
>
> Trim your quotes to the relevant parts (as you see here and have seen
> before), especially don't quote signatures.
>
> > I checked and the  the onsubmit line is correct.
>
> OK.
>
> > I just added the thisform in the javascript and the this in the form
> > and now it works in I.E.
>
> You are not making any sense and I am not willing to dig through hundreds
> of lines of unformatted code for you to see what you might mean.
>
> > I don't know if it worked before that or not
> > because I didn't try it in I.E.
>
> See the problem?
>
> > It works in I.E. but not Chrome? I was testing in Chrome.
>
> "Doesn't work" is a useless error description.
>
> > [ca. 100+ LOCs dump]
>
> You want to *finally*(!) read the FAQ and don't ever do that again.  Even a
> document where you have no URL for does not need to be posted verbatim in
> order to demonstrate the problem.  In fact, creating a reduced test case is
> very likely to show the problem to you without posting it.  And get a real
> name.
>
> <http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>
>
> PointedEars
> --
> Use any version of Microsoft Frontpage to create your site.
> (This won't prevent people from viewing your source, but no one
> will want to steal it.)
>   -- from <http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm> (404-comp.)

ok, thanks for the link. I would like to read it but the jibbering
site seems to be down.