From: caver_dave on
are there any issues with installing vb6 pro on windows 7 64 bit, the program
installed in the program files (x86) ok and worked for a while but now it
comes up with the error cannot locate th DAO350.dll.
i have plonked an new version in the correct folder and when i try to
register the dll it will not register, do i have to reinstall the app ?
any help would be gratefully recieved
regards
caverdave
From: Tony Toews on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:47:17 -0700, caver_dave
<caverdave(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>are there any issues with installing vb6 pro on windows 7 64 bit, the program
>installed in the program files (x86) ok and worked for a while but now it
>comes up with the error cannot locate th DAO350.dll.
>i have plonked an new version in the correct folder and when i try to
>register the dll it will not register, do i have to reinstall the app ?
>any help would be gratefully recieved

DAO 3.5 is for Access 97 format MDBs. DAO 3.6 is for Access 2000 and
newer MDB files and is included with Wnidows 2000 through Windows 7
thus doesn't require an install. Note though that it can read A97
format MDBs just fine.

Thus I'd suggest moving to DAO 3.6 so there is no need to install DAO
3.5.

Now as to what happens in Windows 8? <shrug> Who knows.

Tony
From: Viken Cerpovna on
"caver_dave" <caverdave(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> are there any issues with installing vb6 pro on windows 7 64 bit, the
> program
> installed in the program files (x86) ok and worked for a while but now it
> comes up with the error cannot locate th DAO350.dll.
> i have plonked an new version in the correct folder and when i try to
> register the dll it will not register, do i have to reinstall the app ?
> any help would be gratefully recieved
> regards
> caverdave

I second what Tony said. DAO 3.5 is ancient and may require some dependent
files if you need to install it.