From: avi on
Hello,
I'm using a Vb6 form in an Excel application. The problem is that the
VB6 compiled form minimizes automatically when selecting a cell in
the
active sheet
Is there a possibility to maintain the form visible on the screen
Thanks

I've submitted the question to Excel prog group, but no answer so far

Avi
From: MikeD on

"avi" <aviben(a)bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm using a Vb6 form in an Excel application. The problem is that the
> VB6 compiled form minimizes automatically when selecting a cell in
> the
> active sheet
> Is there a possibility to maintain the form visible on the screen
> Thanks
>
> I've submitted the question to Excel prog group, but no answer so far

You most likely need to provide more information. To my knowledge, the only
way to use a VB6 form in Excel would be via a DLL...and there are some
restrictions there and some "unusual" behavior. Is this form actually
minimizing or is it just being hidden or covered up by another window?

--
Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
MikeD wrote:

> "avi" <aviben(a)bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I'm using a Vb6 form in an Excel application. The problem is that the
>> VB6 compiled form minimizes automatically when selecting a cell in
>> the
>> active sheet
>> Is there a possibility to maintain the form visible on the screen
>> Thanks
>>
>> I've submitted the question to Excel prog group, but no answer so far
>
> You most likely need to provide more information. To my knowledge, the only
> way to use a VB6 form in Excel would be via a DLL...and there are some
> restrictions there and some "unusual" behavior.

Probably better off using an ActiveX EXE, in some ways.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Helmut Meukel on
Hi Avi,

I can't believe it's a VB6 form.
What are you really doing in your Excel application?
Did you program it in Excel-VBA?

Or is it a stand-alone VB6-App and you want it's window to
stay on top of the Excel window even if Excel is the active
Window (as it is posible with TaskManager)?

I think you'll get more help if you are more specific about your
problem.
Some code may probably help, too.

Helmut.

From: avi on
It's definitely a VB6 form activated from a compiled DLL. Double
clicking on some objects in Excel sheets triggers the VB6 form through
a form_load procedure . It is not VBA!

Excel and the current sheet are referenced in the VB6 program

The form is minimizing itself (not hiding) and could be maximized
again

Regards
Avi