From: totally lost on
Hi,
how do I get this to save the file to specific location, it just keeps going
to my documents.

Public Sub SaveAsE5()
ThisFile = Range("E5").Value
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThisFile
End Sub

From: Dave Peterson on
Option Explicit
Public Sub SaveAsE5()
Dim ThisFile as string
Dim myPath as string

myPath = "C:\your path here"
if right(mypath,1) <> "\" then
mypath = mypath & "\"
end if

ThisFile = Activesheet.Range("E5").Value
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=mypath & ThisFile
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jim Thomlinson on
Define Specific Location. You could put the full path and file name in the
cell. You could hard code a path in the procedule like this...

Public Sub SaveAsE5()
thisWorkbook.SaveAs C:\WhereEver\ & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E5").Value
End Sub

or in the same directory as the existing workbook

Public Sub SaveAsE5()
with thisWorkbook
.SaveAs .path & "\" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E5").Value
end with
End Sub
--
HTH...