From: David Southwell on
Hi

I just wanted to query the LEGAL status of ventrilo-server. LEGAL states that
it is restricted due to export control. My understanding is that there is now
no export restriction relating to any OpenSSL encryption algorythm. I do not
therefore believe any restrictionfor ventrilo-server could be sustained on
those grounds.

Whether or not a restriction relating to commercial use of ventrilo-server is
sustainable also seems to be of doubtful authenticity.

I wonder if someone could please check out whether any LEGAL restrictions on
the ventrilo-server port are sufficiently strong to justify the currently
worded notice in LEGAL.

David