From: syd_p on
Hello Guys,
I have a centos 5.x vmware image which I have to deploy on a local
LAN.
192.168.16.0/24
I have a windows 7 PC running workstation 7.1.
IP of PC is 192.168.16.32
I have setup the IP of the centos image to be 192.168.16.31.

centos I am used to, but not virtualized.

cannot ping either way from windoze to centos.

Could some help me out with the bullet points on what I must do to get
network connectivity, please?

Had at look at vmware virtual network editor, and I dont understand
what is what.

please help!

Syd
From: Joe Beanfish on
On 08/09/10 17:51, syd_p wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> I have a centos 5.x vmware image which I have to deploy on a local
> LAN.
> 192.168.16.0/24
> I have a windows 7 PC running workstation 7.1.
> IP of PC is 192.168.16.32
> I have setup the IP of the centos image to be 192.168.16.31.
>
> centos I am used to, but not virtualized.
>
> cannot ping either way from windoze to centos.
>
> Could some help me out with the bullet points on what I must do to get
> network connectivity, please?
>
> Had at look at vmware virtual network editor, and I dont understand
> what is what.
>
> please help!
>
> Syd

In the vmware config make sure a network card is enabled and set it for
"bridged". NAT mode may be useful in similar situations.