From: Phil Howard on
Is virtual_mailbox_maps just for virtual(8) (the postfix virtual
delivery agent ... which I am not using) ... or is it also used for
smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient even when virtual_transport =
something else like dovecot? Can it just have an "OK" value to mean
"yeah, this is a real recipient here, go ahead and accept the mail and
just deliver it to the same place" or do I need to put delivery paths
in there?

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 03:39:58PM -0400, Phil Howard wrote:

> Is virtual_mailbox_maps just for virtual(8) (the postfix virtual
> delivery agent ... which I am not using) ... or is it also used for
> smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient even when virtual_transport =
> something else like dovecot? Can it just have an "OK" value to mean
> "yeah, this is a real recipient here, go ahead and accept the mail and
> just deliver it to the same place" or do I need to put delivery paths
> in there?

The answers (the latter and the former) are as you guessed. Be more
confident in the accuracy of your reading of the documentation, you
can safely ask fewer questions here...

--
Viktor.

From: Phil Howard on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 17:06, Victor Duchovni
<Victor.Duchovni(a)morganstanley.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 03:39:58PM -0400, Phil Howard wrote:
>
>> Is virtual_mailbox_maps just for virtual(8) (the postfix virtual
>> delivery agent ... which I am not using) ... or is it also used for
>> smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient even when virtual_transport =
>> something else like dovecot?  Can it just have an "OK" value to mean
>> "yeah, this is a real recipient here, go ahead and accept the mail and
>> just deliver it to the same place" or do I need to put delivery paths
>> in there?
>
> The answers (the latter and the former) are as you guessed. Be more
> confident in the accuracy of your reading of the documentation, you
> can safely ask fewer questions here...

It's kind a hard to figure out when my reading comes up with TWO (or
more, sometimes) conflicting ways of doing things. Are you saying
both work? If the answer is yes to "Can it just have OK" then it
would be no to "or do I need to ...".

I've hit a combination that works. I'm going to review it and try to
make sure it is clean (not including any test stuff that doesn't make
sense). And I need to test and make sure it didn't break other
things.