From: aa on
I am not an infectionist. For me a virus is a loos definition - something
which I got from outside and which should not be there.

> From: "aa" <aa(a)microsoft.com>
>
> | Got that virus which inserts a window into my browsers (Opera and
Firefox),

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "aa" <aa(a)microsoft.com>

| I am not an infectionist. For me a virus is a loos definition - something
| which I got from outside and which should not be there.

Just like with a human you you can't call a bacterial or parasitical infection a virus,
the same goes with computers.

Its not what YOU think it is, it is what is based upon a declaration made by an authority.

In the case of a human, that authority wold be a doctor declaring you are infected with
_____.

The authority in a computer is a reuptable software which will scan the machine and made a
declaration. In the case of a computer you can say you *may* be infected with malware.
Just like you a human may walk into a doctor's office and say you think you have an
infection.

Now, what software have you used to determine what is going on with your sick PC ?

--
Dave

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
ur spiel chukkers broke two