From: JoenMar on
Someone in our office used the spacebar to make some cells in a database look
blank when they were not. I discovered this when trying to write a macro to
manipulate the database with code that used the end up/down, etc. command and
was being interrupted by visually blank spaces that were created by the
spacebar.

I am trying to write code to totally clear only the cells which appear to be
blank and not remove the cells with good data.

I tried to select the general area including the data and use an If then
statement to look at the cells in the selection and clear only the ones who's
value = 0. However I don't know the proper code to select the cells that
might equal zero in this Selection or Range. I'm getting error code 13
mismatches, etc.

Help!

From: Rick Rothstein on
I think this macro will do what you want....

Sub ClearCellsThatLookBlank()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells
If Len(Cell.Value) > 0 And Len(Trim(Cell.Value)) = 0 Then Cell.Clear
Next
End Sub

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Chip Pearson on
Select the cells whose values you want to test, and then run the
following code:

Sub AAA()
Dim R As Range
Dim RR As Range
Set RR = Selection.SpecialCells( _
xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
For Each RR In R
If Len(Trim(R.Text)) = 0 Then
R.Value = vbNullString
End If
Next RR
End Sub

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Thu, 20 May 2010 14:03:01 -0700, JoenMar

From: Tom Hutchins on
Try this macro:

Sub RemoveBlanks()
Dim x As Range, Cntr As Long
On Error GoTo RBerr
Cntr = 0
Cells.Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Select
For Each x In Selection
If Len(Trim(x.Value)) = 0 Then
x.Value = vbNullString
Cntr = Cntr + 1
End If
Next x
MsgBox Cntr & " cells were updated"
Exit Sub
RBerr:
MsgBox Err.Description, , "RemoveBlanks"
End Sub

Hope this helps,

Hutch

From: Tom Hutchins on
(2nd post - not sure it uploaded) Try this macro: