From: Christoph Lameter on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Minchan Kim wrote:

> > What does the "lru_pages" parameter do in shrink_slab()? Looks
> > like its only role is as a divison factor in a complex calculation of
> > pages to be scanned.
>
> Yes. But I think it can make others confuse like this.

Right.

> Except zone_reclaim, lru_pages had been used for balancing slab
> reclaim VS page reclaim.
> So lru_page naming is a good.

It is also good to make zone reclaim more deterministic by using the new
counters. So I am not all opposed to the initial patch. Just clear things
up a bit and make sure that this does not cause regressions because of too
frequent calls to shrink_slab

> So you intentionally passed order instead of the number of lru pages
> for shrinking many slabs as possible as.

Dont remember doing that. I suspect the parameter was renamed at some
point.
From: Christoph Lameter on

Ok. I am convinced.

Acked-by: Christoph Lameter <cl(a)linux-foundation.org>