From: john1987 on
Hi,

I got 2A flowing through a coil and about 200 volts peak to peak
across it. I need to monitor this voltage and keep it constant. I am
thinking some kind of digital feedback system that can not only
monitor this voltage but also keep it constant.

Now, I need to step down this 200 volts to about 5 volts peak to peak
and then connvert it into its DC equivalent value inorder to monitor
it with the help of microprocessor and then if there is a drop of
voltage across the coil then compensate it using some circuitry.

Are there any opamp available that can work on +/- 200 volts power
supply with some programmable gain that can lower this voltage to
lower voltage range.

Would a step down transformer be a good option to go with? or how
about a series of voltage divder circuitries?

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

John
From: who where on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:33:47 -0700 (PDT), john1987
<conphiloso(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got 2A flowing through a coil and about 200 volts peak to peak
>across it. I need to monitor this voltage and keep it constant. I am
>thinking some kind of digital feedback system that can not only
>monitor this voltage but also keep it constant.
>
>Now, I need to step down this 200 volts to about 5 volts peak to peak
>and then connvert it into its DC equivalent value inorder to monitor
>it with the help of microprocessor and then if there is a drop of
>voltage across the coil then compensate it using some circuitry.
>
>Are there any opamp available that can work on +/- 200 volts power
>supply with some programmable gain that can lower this voltage to
>lower voltage range.
>
>Would a step down transformer be a good option to go with? or how
>about a series of voltage divder circuitries?
>
>Any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Presuming that it is the current through the coil that you require to
maintain constant, I'd be thinking of a current transformer as the
first step.
From: john1987 on
Hi,

Would you please explain in more details about it. How would a current
transformer be effective? Can you recommend one? What is the chances
of putting a series of voltage dividers to get 200 volts downto 5
volts peak to peak and then use a brdidge rectifer to get the DC
voltage output? A re there any high input instrument amplifiers
available that can with programmable gain that can do this?

Thanks
John
From: John Larkin on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:38:57 -0700 (PDT), john1987
<conphiloso(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Would you please explain in more details about it. How would a current
>transformer be effective? Can you recommend one? What is the chances
>of putting a series of voltage dividers to get 200 volts downto 5
>volts peak to peak and then use a brdidge rectifer to get the DC
>voltage output? A re there any high input instrument amplifiers
>available that can with programmable gain that can do this?
>
>Thanks
>John

What's the frequency? Power? Signal source? Is one end grounded?
Accuracy requirement?

What's the application?

John

From: john1987 on

hi,

Frequency is 300KHz. 200 peak to peak times 2A. Signal source is HIP
4081 driving four MOSFETS. The other end is not grounded. Accuracy
requirent not known yet.

John