From: Marek G. on
Hi all,
I have questation about webservices and iis 7,5 on the 2008 R2 server . I
have webservice which called from apl.Apl have 100 threads , but the iis
w3wp process have only 30 threads . Where is trouble ?
thanx

From: Patrice on
Not sure what is "apl.Apl" but if you mean that you are simulating 100
clients calling the web service at the same time, this is perhaps not a
problem. The idea is that ASP.NET allocates a number of threads and if one
request ends quickly then the same thread is available and can be reused for
the next request so it doesn't need 100 threads...

Else clarify a bit as it is not clear where you see you have 100 threads...

--
Patrice

"Marek G." <grolms(a)volny.cz> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: ePT4WFluKHA.5812(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: Patrice on
...and try perhaps :
http://blogs.msdn.com/tmarq/archive/2007/07/21/asp-net-thread-usage-on-iis-7-0-and-6-0.aspx

--
Patrice

From: Patrice on
Does ir un in multiple threads. Does the service does a Thread.sleep to left
some time for those multiple requests to be processed at the same time ?
Could it be also a client side setting ? Do you check the right counter in
perfmon ?

Start perhaps fresh with :

Use really multiple instance of your browser so that each can get a distinct
session (you also have a session locking mechanism so you can't run anyway
two request using the same session at the same time).

From there you should be sure to watch the right counter in perfmon and see
if it behaves as expected..