From: Johnny Tee on
I have a cell that contains a number (lets say 500). In another cell, I want
to associate a point scale for the other cell (lets say it is worth one point
if it is between 0 and 400, two points if it is between 401 and 600, three
points if between 601 and 800, etc.). So the cell that has a value of 500
should get two points because it is between 401 and 600, but I need to write
the formula so that if it was 400 it would only get one point, and if it was
700 it would get 3 points....Can anyone help me please?
Thanks
From: Jacob Skaria on
In cell A1 enter the number 500

Try the below formula in cell B1

=IF(A1="","",LOOKUP(A1,{0,401,601},{1,2,3}))

--
Jacob