From: arian on
asasasas

Andra wrote:

Error 8004882e Signing In to MSN Messenger with Fingerprint Reader
14-Jan-07

I receive error number 8004882e when trying to sign in to MSN Messenger Live
8.1 Beta using Microsoft Fingerprint Reader with the latest DigitalPersona
driver version 2.0 installed and running under Windows XP Pro SP2.

Unfortunately I cannot locate an explanation for this error, let alone a
solution. The Fingerprint Reader works perfectly elsewhere (i.e. for Windows
Logon and all other applications that I have tried). Has anyone had better
luck?

Thank you!
--
To know is not to know if nobody knows what we know.

On Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:23 AM
Andra wrote:

Error 8004882e Signing In to MSN Messenger with Fingerprint Reader
I receive error number 8004882e when trying to sign in to MSN Messenger Live
8.1 Beta using Microsoft Fingerprint Reader with the latest DigitalPersona
driver version 2.0 installed and running under Windows XP Pro SP2.

Unfortunately I cannot locate an explanation for this error, let alone a
solution. The Fingerprint Reader works perfectly elsewhere (i.e. for Windows
Logon and all other applications that I have tried). Has anyone had better
luck?

Thank you!
--
To know is not to know if nobody knows what we know.

On Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:26 PM
Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:

Greetings,...
Greetings,

....Does it work when you just manually type in your credentials and don't use the fingerprint
reader?

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

"Andray" <Andray(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:42 PM
Andra wrote:

Yes it does, I can manually sign in without any problem, but with the
Yes it does, I can manually sign in without any problem, but with the
Fingerprint reader a message box pops up saying Error 8004882e. I have
triple-checked userid and password information but to no avail.

Andray

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

On Friday, January 19, 2007 11:46 PM
Rohan wrote:

Same problem
I have the same problem andray and cant find help for it anywhere. Hopefully once vista hits shops at the end of the month things like this will get more attention.

On Friday, February 16, 2007 6:56 PM
Yabba wrote:

fingerprint
I have the same issue also. Works great with all other apps etc. msn is the only application that doesnt work for me, pretty funny actually when MS has labeled/dev the Fingerprint them self.

Any solution yet?

greetings Yabba

On Friday, February 16, 2007 7:33 PM
Andra wrote:

Thank you for your input Yabba and Rohan.
Thank you for your input Yabba and Rohan.

Since my last message I have moved to Windows Vista Ultimate, and the
problem has disappeared. Perhaps because I'm using a different driver? I
couldn't say...

Good luck in resolving this issue.

_______________________________

"Yabba" wrote:

On Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:50 PM
bader wrote:

receve error
receve error i cant open my email

On Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:20 AM
Meaghan wrote:

Msn Messenger
Hi i have a concern regardign my msn messenger.
I was on msn and someone sent me a message that said " omg theres picture of you on this site " and it gave a site to go on and i clicked it and it reagarded a download so i downloaded it and now when ever i sign in i cant talk to anyonne and it sends the "omg theres pics of u on this site" to everyone on my contact list and freezes my entire computer i would really like some help with my problem so if someone would look into this it would be great
:)*Megahan*:)

On Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:34 AM
Andra wrote:

I would like to rectify my previous assessment of the problem (2/16/2007), in
I would like to rectify my previous assessment of the problem (2/16/2007), in
which I reported that the problem was solved under Windows Vista. This is not
the case, the problem still persists. However, I have discovered that the
quick way around it is to press a non-printing key (such as the arrow keys)
after having plced the cursor in the password field. This produces a "ding"
sound, but then if I touch the fingerprint reader the login works as it
should. My guess is that the MSN Messenger login requires a keypress event to
work, and there appears to be no way to have the fingerprint reader generate
a keypress event.

That's my 2-cent worth...

Have a great day!

;??) Andray

"Andray" wrote:

LOST IN SPACE FOREVER! (compressed DataSet)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a9b7657a-1589-41d8-8fed-afdbc8ce7d1f/lost-in-space-forever-c.aspx