From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

fatalist wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2:13 pm, Luna Moon <lunamoonm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have signals that are very chaotic and choppy. I suspect that there
>>are quite a bunch of major and minor cycles inside. What's the best
>>way to detect and single out those cycles?
>>
>>Any Matlab code around?
>>
>>Thanks a lot!
>

> Forget about FFT (and the rest of regular folks in this group,
> especially VLV)

Hello Dmitry Teres,
If you are truly fatalist, why hiding your name under the nick?

> Recurrence analysis is usually the best for chaotic signals

You probably made a lot of money out of your pitch detector.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrence_plot
> I believe you can find plenty of matlab code if you google

Would you reference any performance comparisons, no ?

VLV
From: Clay on
On Jun 15, 5:56 pm, Mikolaj <sterowanie_komputer...(a)poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:
> Dnia 11-06-2010 o 21:10:35 Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com>
> napisa³(a):
>

> > Luna Moon wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
> >>  I have signals that are very chaotic and choppy. I suspect that there
> >> are quite a bunch of major and minor cycles inside. What's the best
> >> way to detect and single out those cycles?
> >>  Any Matlab code around?
> >>  Thanks a lot!
>
> > Wow, what a cretin!
>
> Yes, loonatic moonthinking humanoid thing.
> You were very precise, thank you.
> Is there any cretin filtering tool?
>
> --
> Mikolaj

Iodine helps!
From: fatalist on
On Jun 17, 10:08 am, Clay <c...(a)claysturner.com> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 5:56 pm, Mikolaj <sterowanie_komputer...(a)poczta.onet.pl>
> wrote:
>

> > Dnia 11-06-2010 o 21:10:35 Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com>
> > napisa³(a):

> > > Wow, what a cretin!
>
> > Yes, loonatic moonthinking humanoid thing.
> > You were very precise, thank you.
> > Is there any cretin filtering tool?
>
> > --
> > Mikolaj
>
> Iodine helps!- Hide quoted text -

This is really high SNR usenet group, fellas

Keep up good work, compdspers

From: Albert van der Horst on
In article <c21a84b3-17fd-4791-9fb1-c856b043f368(a)f7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
Luna Moon <lunamoonmoon(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have signals that are very chaotic and choppy. I suspect that there
>are quite a bunch of major and minor cycles inside. What's the best
>way to detect and single out those cycles?

The most general approach is to calculate an autocorrelation for the
signal and inspect it carefully.

albert(a)spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst