From: blackhead on
I've managed to remove this virus from my computer several times, and
it keeps reappearing. I've run Trend's Housecall anti-virus program
and it doesn't find any thing.

Thanks for your help
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "blackhead" <larryharson(a)softhome.net>

| I've managed to remove this virus from my computer several times, and
| it keeps reappearing. I've run Trend's Housecall anti-virus program
| and it doesn't find any thing.

| Thanks for your help

It is not a virus. It is a type of trojan and it is malware but it is NOT a virus.

Download, install, update and then execute, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Dave

From: David Kaye on
blackhead <larryharson(a)softhome.net> wrote:

>I've managed to remove this virus from my computer several times, and
>it keeps reappearing. I've run Trend's Housecall anti-virus program
>and it doesn't find any thing.

Malware Bytes Anti-Malware is currently the best. Do a complete scan (which
may take an hour or more), and if it comes up with something, follow the
removal instructions, and thenh run it AGAIN. Sometimes getting rid of
malware is like peeling layers of an onion.

If this last paragraph sounds like gibberish to you then it's best to have y
our computer worked on by somebody with experience in this area because it'
like BART-PE.

If this last paragraph sounds like gibberish to you then it's best to have
your computer worked on by somebody with experience in this area because it's
easy to screw up the registry, and then you'd have to reinstall everything.

From: Jenn on
> From: "blackhead" <larryharson(a)softhome.net>
>
> | I've managed to remove this virus from my computer several times, and
> | it keeps reappearing. I've run Trend's Housecall anti-virus program
> | and it doesn't find any thing.
>
> | Thanks for your help
>
> It is not a virus. It is a type of trojan and it is malware but it is NOT
> a virus.
>
> Download, install, update and then execute, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

What is the difference between a virus, a trojan, and malware??

thanks,
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Ant on
"Jenn" wrote:
> What is the difference between a virus, a trojan, and malware??

A virus infects other files so it can spread (like the biological
virus).

A trojan is something you wouldn't want pretending to be something
harmless or that you might want (like the famous horse of Troy). It
doesn't spread by file-infection.

Malware is a shortening of "malicious software" and includes both the
above and any other terms people use for this stuff.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: antivir za win98
Next: Ping: David Kaye