From: Steve Richter on
I want to run php on windows7 within IIS. This MSFT document
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-7/
has a step for adding module mapping to IIS for PHP. It says the
executable should be "php-cgi.exe". I downloaded and installed the
php windows binary ( x86, VC9 ) from the php site. The installer
loaded php in \program files\php. But there is no php-cgi.exe on my
system. Should it be there? If not, how do I config IIS7 for PHP
otherwise? ( one mistake I know I made is to download the threadsafe
version. The windows config doc says the non threadsafe version runs
faster. )

thanks,
From: madavapeddi suman on
Hi Steve,

You should find it easily in the directory extracted from 5.3.3 Binary of
NTS and TS .Only NTS(VC6 and VC9) is much compatible with IIS as windows is
based on multi Threaded Architecture .This Link would be really helpful
http://www.iis-aid.com/articles/my_word/difference_between_php_thread_safe_and_non_thread_safe_binaries
VC9 Binaries requires VC++8.0 library exclusively.

Thanks,
Suman.

From: Venkat Raman Don on
You can just use Microsoft Web Platform Installer and it will configure everything for you. Steps listed at http://blogs.iis.net/donraman/archive/2009/10/07/installing-php-on-windows.aspx.

Thanks,
Don.

From: Pierre Joye on
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Steve Richter <stephenrichter(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to run php on windows7 within IIS.  This MSFT document
> http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-7/
> has a step for adding module mapping to IIS for PHP. It says the
> executable should be "php-cgi.exe".  I downloaded and installed the
> php windows binary ( x86, VC9 ) from the php site. The installer
> loaded php in \program files\php.  But there is no php-cgi.exe on my
> system.  Should it be there? If not, how do I config IIS7 for PHP
> otherwise?  ( one mistake I know I made is to download the threadsafe
> version. The windows config doc says the non threadsafe version runs
> faster. )

It runs better more than faster. It is also totally useless to have a
thread safe php with php-cgi (given the way fastcgi works). You need
to fetch the VC9 builds for better support (and more extensions
available).

You can use the MSI to install it if you already have IIS installed.
Very easy. If you have nothing on your machine, the webpi may be an
easier solution http://www.microsoft.com/web/

Cheers,
--
Pierre