From: jimka on
Can someone explain to me why the allocate-instance function has &rest
initargs? I do not see anything on
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_alloca.htm#allocate-instance
which explains how they are used. And it also seems to me that the
promise made by allocation-instance is that the instance is NOT
initialized.

Am I missing something here?

-jim
From: Barry Margolin on
In article
<a9ccbbab-48b8-4499-92ab-c7bb5adbb14e(a)e16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
jimka <jimka(a)rdrop.com> wrote:

> Can someone explain to me why the allocate-instance function has &rest
> initargs? I do not see anything on
> http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_alloca.htm#allocate-in
> stance
> which explains how they are used. And it also seems to me that the
> promise made by allocation-instance is that the instance is NOT
> initialized.
>
> Am I missing something here?

The standard method doesn't use them, but if you use the MOP you might
want to use them in your own method.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA