From: Mark Lawrence on
On 24/07/2010 20:28, Jia Hu wrote:
> I subscribe for this mailing list at

I read through Thunderbird on Windows direct to
gmane.comp.python.general. I'm no expert on such things, but assume
that they are simply better [or less profitable :)] at filtering spam
than the diabolical google groups. I'm unsure as to how the main
mailing list that is given above works, I'm sure that someone more
knowledgable than myself will soon let us know.

Regards.

Mark Lawrence.

From: Benjamin Kaplan on
Python-list is comp.lang.python turned into mailing list form. gmane
is python-list turned back into a newsgroup. The reason it gets less
spam is because it's behind the mailing list's spam filters. Both the
mailing list and gmane should see the same amount of spam. which is
way less than the original newsgroup/Google Group sees.

From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
be.krul a �crit :

> Why not moderate this group?

This is a hi-traffic group, so it would require a huge team of moderators.