From: dns on
I am having an issue with a trust between 2 domains accross a vpn.
Domain A is windows 2000 with the latest SP and patches, domain B is a
windows 2003 server without sp1 and the latest security patches. When
trying to add a user from domain B to domain A, I get the following
error in the Select Users, Computers or Groups screen: "Cannot display
objects from this location because of the following error: No
Authority could be contacted for authentication" I have done the
following:

1. ran netdiag and dcdiag on both AD controllers in domain A -
Everything is ok
2. Opened Trusts snap-in and verified trusts - Verified Success
3. Checked DNS SRV records- Everything appears to look ok.

One Note: On Domain B I can goto the Select users, computers, or
groups and see Domain A with no errors.

From: Florian Frommherz [MVP] on
Howdie!

dns wrote:
> I am having an issue with a trust between 2 domains accross a vpn.
> Domain A is windows 2000 with the latest SP and patches, domain B is a
> windows 2003 server without sp1 and the latest security patches. When
> trying to add a user from domain B to domain A, I get the following
> error in the Select Users, Computers or Groups screen: "Cannot display
> objects from this location because of the following error: No
> Authority could be contacted for authentication" I have done the
> following:
>
> 1. ran netdiag and dcdiag on both AD controllers in domain A -
> Everything is ok
> 2. Opened Trusts snap-in and verified trusts - Verified Success
> 3. Checked DNS SRV records- Everything appears to look ok.

So you can resolve names from domainA in domainB and vice versa? Name
resolution is well? Is that a one-way trust?

Cheers,
Florian