From: Archimedes Plutonium on
Portfolio of PAF on 5AUG2010

VZ      15,010
T          5,000

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 11MAY2010 was 19,240
    total share-wealth-units today 20,010 (where I sold the FTR
windfall of VZ spinoff)
    realestate land 3APR03 of 3 lots $19,000.
    realestate land 30JUL03 another lot $11,500.
    realestate land Sept05 another lot $75,000.

Well, the decision did not take long at all. This morning I sold 3603
shares of the FTR,
the VZ spinoff of 2 July. My only regret in this affair is that I had
not watched the account
or looked at it for over a month now and not realized there was FTR
shares in there. If I had
known it, I would have done this same action perhaps in the middle of
July and have
received a better outcome than doing it today.

Anyway, I sold the 3603 FTR for 7.51 per share and with the proceeds
bought 770 shares
of AT&T at 26.71 per share. I am now 60 years old and have gradually
changed my attitude
over such buy and sell decisions. If I were in my 40s or younger, I
would have held on to
the FTR and slowly sold out the position over a four year time span,
because it is a windfall.
But since I am 60, any windfall now is considered by me to be 1/2 as
mine and the other 1/2 as taxes. So I set aside almost 1/2 of that
cash to pay for the taxes on FTR. There comes a point in time in a
life, where time is the most important asset and not money, nor even
shares
of stock. Where time is the most important issue. And at 60, I am not
willing to wait for anything to see how it turns out.

Part of my decision today was based on the realization of my
horticulture plants. I no longer
have the time to see my rock elm trees grow to be 30 years old.
Perhaps I have the time
to do another landscaping for trees to be 15 years old, but not 30
years. Perhaps I should have waited with the FTR for 4 years or maybe
8 years, but in so doing, I would be placing
money as more valuable than time, which I know is not true.

The reason that VZ spun off land-lines to FTR is in recognition of the
fact that land lines are
valuable only if dense populations. This is the reason that Qwest was
never bought out by
the consolidation of the Baby Bells, because Qwest land lines are
sparse populations with a high maintenance cost of their land-lines.
So we see two types of land line telecom companies. We see the dense
populated land-lines which are valuable to be held by VZ and
T and we see the sparse populated land-lines which are not so
valuable. So do I hold on to
FTR for 4 or 8 years and gradually sold them off, or do I sell
immediately? As I said, I am 60
years old now, and my first consideration on anything, is time, time
and time.

So I sold the FTR and with some of the proceeds bought 770 more of
AT&T.
I thank VZ for the windfall. I regret that VZ did not communicate
better to its shareholders
that it was making this action in July, for maybe I would have seen it
coming and then
done this same thing in July and have fared better than doing it
today.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/