From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
David Mark wrote:

> menkaur wrote:
>> <label><input id="getRecomendation"
>
> Validate your markup.

ACK, but this line is not invalid. <http://validator.w3.org/>

>> window.location = "foo.html";
>
> window.location.href = "foo.html";

There is no inherent advantage in using `.location.href' over `.location'.
In fact, by contrast the `href' property of Location instances is tainted,
and so subject to the SOP (that does not matter here).

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on

<http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/window.htm#1202507>
<http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/location.htm#1193137>

> In your case, you should need to prevent default action of submit
> button.

No, the `submit' event of the form should be cancelled instead. Or a submit
button should not be used in the first place, or scripting should not be
used in the first place.

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: Asen Bozhilov on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/window.htm#1202507>
> <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/location.htm#1193137>

Thanks for the links. They contains much more information from MDC,
but again i don't see any explanations about, how internal setter of
window.location works.

> No, the `submit' event of the form should be cancelled instead.
Yes, yes, yes. Apologize for my terminology here.

Nice to see, your correction again. Sometimes you are make ironical
comment, but when you corrected my, i learn properly terminology.
Thanks.

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on

See also <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/location.htm#1193550>:

| Description
|
| [...]
| Omitting a property name from the location object is equivalent to
| specifying location.href. [...]

RTSL of the respective DOM implementation, if available, for details.

>> No, the `submit' event of the form should be cancelled instead.
> Yes, yes, yes. Apologize for my terminology here.
>
> Nice to see, your correction again. Sometimes you are make ironical
> comment, but when you corrected my, i learn properly terminology.

It is not merely a matter of terminology here, though.

Preventing the default action of (or cancelling) the `click' event of the
submit button means, in a nutshell:

<input type="submit" ... onclick="return false">

Cancelling (or preventing the default action of) the `submit' event of the
form means, in a nutshell

<form ... onsubmit="return false">

The former approach is known to be error-prone and harder to maintain.

> Thanks.

You are welcome.

PointedEars
--