From: Keller, Robert on
I am on windows XP and when I run IRB ruby version 1.8.7-p249 I get a STTY error

G:\>irb
stty: Unknown mode: g
stty: Unknown mode: icrnl
irb(main):001:0>

Where can I fix the IRB sty call?

Thanks

Robert Keller

x7-5628

Albert Einstein

From: Roger Pack on

> G:\>irb
> stty: Unknown mode: g
> stty: Unknown mode: icrnl
> Where can I fix the IRB sty call?

Which stty.exe is it calling? It's probably calling into a wrong one,
like cygwin or something...

From: Robert Keller on
Roger Pack wrote:

>> G:\>irb
>> stty: Unknown mode: g
>> stty: Unknown mode: icrnl
>> Where can I fix the IRB sty call?
>
> Which stty.exe is it calling? It's probably calling into a wrong one,
> like cygwin or something...

It is calling the wks version....., is there a way to edit what irb is
calling?

robert

From: Roger Pack on
Robert Keller wrote:
> Roger Pack wrote:
>>
>>> G:\>irb
>>> stty: Unknown mode: g
>>> stty: Unknown mode: icrnl
>>> Where can I fix the IRB sty call?
>>
>> Which stty.exe is it calling? It's probably calling into a wrong one,
>> like cygwin or something...
>
> It is calling the wks version....., is there a way to edit what irb is
> calling?

I think it calls out to "stty.exe" and "if it's there, uses it, if not
ignores it" (I'm just guessing here, but I think so).

Anyway work arounds might be to remove the wks version from your path,
possibly to set the TERM variable to something different...

-r

From: Keller, Robert on
That was the answer. Windows in this case works if you set the TERM to nothing:

C:\set TERM=

Thanks

Robert Keller