From: coffee121858 on
I need some help please. When I download things it will only download to 99%
then it stops and want completely download things. Is there anything I can do
to fix this short of a reformat?
--
thank you,
coffee121858
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting in a
forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. In this case, also
state your IE version.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: John Inzer on
coffee121858 wrote:
> I need some help please. When I download things it will only download
> to 99% then it stops and want completely download things. Is there
> anything I can do to fix this short of a reformat?
Might be worth a try to wait...the download may finish.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: thanatoid on
=?Utf-8?B?Y29mZmVlMTIxODU4?=
<coffee121858(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I need some help please. When I download things it will
> only download to 99% then it stops and want completely
> download things. Is there anything I can do to fix this
> short of a reformat?

Are you joking or what?

Get a download manager or use Opera, it DL's very reliably.
See my other post under "Saving website pictures" tonight.
From: VanguardLH on
coffee121858 wrote:

> When I download things

You mean "files"?

> it will only download to 99% then it stops

That's probably your anti-virus program kicking in to interrogate the
downloaded file before it releases it for your use.

> and want completely download things.

Haven't a clue what that clause was supposed to mean.

> Is there anything I can do to fix this short of a reformat?

How long did you wait? If it is a huge file, it will take a long time for
your anti-virus program to scan that file.