From: Daniel on
Hi

I am installing XPHome and get this message after the first reboot

Cannot access the file windows32/config/system.
Reboot to the install CD and type R to repair.

How do I get around this?

thanks

Daniel
From: Greg Russell on
"Daniel" <noone(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I am installing XPHome and get this message after the first reboot
>
> Cannot access the file windows32/config/system.
> Reboot to the install CD and type R to repair.
>
> How do I get around this?

Just boot the Install CD and type R to repair.

From: Daniel on
Hi

is this a serious reply?

I thought the Recovery Console is for experts to use?

cheers

Daniel

From: Daave on
Daniel wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am installing XPHome and get this message after the first reboot
>
> Cannot access the file windows32/config/system.
> Reboot to the install CD and type R to repair.
>
> How do I get around this?
>
> thanks

What is the make and model of your PC? What method did you use to
reinstall the OS (XP installation CD, Recovery or Restore CD specific to
your PC, or hidden recovery partition on the hard drive)?

Is this a Clean Install or Repair Install (or something else)?

If this is a Clean Install and if you are using an actual XP
installation CD, when it reboots, you need to make sure you don't press
any of the keys on your keyboard! Because if you do, you will wind up
booting from the CD, which is wrong! That is, when the PC reboots, it
*must* boot off the hard drive!

Here are instructions for a Clean Install:

Finally, what was your original problem that led you to believe you
needed to reinstall Windows? Is all your hardware in working order?