From: christianlott1 on
Here's the story:

I had an mdb (2003) with permissions setup (security1.mdw). I needed
to make changes and since the original was bloated, I created a new
access database. I'm sure it said accdb or something (2007) so I
renamed it, imported all my objects into it, made my changes, then
placed the new db in the network folder.

When I went to add another person to the db, there was no way to
access the user level security. When I clicked the shortcut it was
asking me for a password but when I checked, I could open the db
directly without one.

After looking online I decided to do this:

I saved the db as 2003, replaced it on the network. I then used the
macro RunCommand WorkgroupAdminstrator to open the dialog to join the
Security1.mdw.

Here's my problem:

ALL my databases now ask me for a password, ones that I never setup
security for.

My question:

How do I turn off security in those db? How do I turn ON security on
the needed db?

Thanks
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Rerun the WorkgroupAdministrator command again to join the standard
system.mdw.

Create a shortcut to open the specific database in question, including the
path to the mdw in the shortcut.

Note that the shortcut must include msaccess.exe in it: you cannot simply
create a shortcut to the mdb file. Something like:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSAccess.exe"
"C:\Databases\MyApp.mdb" /wkrgrp "C:\Folder\Security1.mdw"

(all one line, of course...)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele

From: christianlott1 on
Ah. OK. Thanks!
From: christianlott1 on
Now my non secured db opens w/o password and when I click the shortcut
to the other (secured) db it asks me for a password - but when I open
the db that's supposed to be secured (the one I enter w/ the
shortcut), it opens right up, no password.

Thanks
From: Douglas J. Steele on
And you're sure it used to ask for a password?